Versium REACH supports hashed data inputs. Below is a description of the type of hashed data supported and best practices for customers that whish to use this type of data.
Versium REACH currently support the following Hashing methods:
- MD5 (UPPER, lower, NaturalCase)
- SHA1 (UPPER, lower, NaturalCase)
- SHA256 (UPPER, lower, NaturalCase)
Versium REACH supports and accepts ONLY the following fields as hashed inputs:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Postal Code
- Business Name
- Phone Number - Note: phone number should have all non-numerics removed ("I.e. '123-456-7890' or '(123) 456-7890' should be converted to '1234567890' before hashing for best results)
- Email Address - natural case is not well supported for email address.
To use this feature, simply hash the fields noted above and upload is in your list as one normally would. Versium REACH will take care of the rest.
As a general rule, the best way is to hash the data before it is used with Versium REACH.
Here below is the suggested items to check and sequence to follow when hashing data:
- (1) remove all leading and trailing whitespace
- (2) remove all non-alphanumeric characters (except spaces)
- (3) transform to lowercase all uppercase letters
- (4) hash field.
Versium REACH APIs will accept different types of hash in the same API call.
For example, the First Name may be provided in SHA256, the Last Name in SHA1 and Email in MD5
Also, users may hash the same record multiple times with slight variations on their end - this may impact overall match rate across the file, but not on a per record basis since Versium REACH would be receiving the same record multiple times, but probably only be able to unhash it one of those times.
Updated 2 months ago