FAQ - Consumer Data Tools
Quick answers to frequently-asked questions
Consumer Audience Questions
What is the difference between the append I can use?
Here are the audiences you can create and what you can do with them:
- Consumer Contact Append — Appends to your list Postal Address, Email and Phone Number to your records.
- Consumer Demographic Append — Appends Demographic attributes to your records.
- Consumer Online Append — Reach your contacts online with display-ad and other online targeting methods by adding online contact points for the contacts on your list. You use a list of contacts you want to target to enhance this audience with online contact points
What does an Appended List include?
Depending on the type of append you chose, each record in your list will be appended with additional information and data points. For a summary of the types of append you can select from and what information/data points will be added to your list go to What does an Appended List include?
What is the difference between Individual level match and a Household level match?
REACH will return both Individual and Household level matches based on our ability to match to the Inputs provided. In all cases, an individually matched record will be returned first. In the cases were an individual level matched record was not found, we will then return the best household level match. When you perform and append to your file, you also have the option to select only Individual level matched records to be returned.
- An individual level match is a record from our database that matched the First & Last name provided as Inputs, as well as the phone, email or postal address that was provided.
- A household level match is a record from our database that was matched only to the Last name provided as Input, as well as the phone, email or postal address that was provided.
In situations where no name is provided, we match to the Input provided (email, phone or postal address). These are also considered a household level match.
What is the difference between a Category Match, a Record Match and a Contact Point?
REACH will search the inputs provided and match records from our database.
REACH will count the match differently on its type:
- A Category Match will count a match every time an additional field is found in our database. For example, if you are searching for a phone and email, each single field will count as one match if found.
- A Record Match will count a match every time a single or multiple fields are found in a single records. For example, when you perform an online audience append it will count as one match for every record.
- A Contact Point is a way REACH uses to display how many data fields were appended that contain a way to contact the individual. For example. a multi-phone append may find 2 phone numbers, these will count as two contact points.
How can I use the audiences I export?
The audiences you create can be exported, and then imported into many customer relationship management services - they just need to import .csv files. Here are some of the services that you can use: Marketing Automation Programs (Hubspot, Marketo, etc.), Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google, Programmatic Display (DMPs & DSPs).
The audiences you create in Versium REACH can be prepared and uploaded following the linked guidelines for each platform:
- HubSpot — Upload Data into HubSpot
- Facebook — Customer Data Preparation and How Do I Create a Custom Audience from my Customer File
- LinkedIn — Uploading Lists for Account and Contact Targeting for LinkedIn Ads
- Google Ads — Format your Customer Data File and Create a Customer List
How are Versium REACH online audiences different from audiences I can create in Facebook and other platforms?
There are three key differences between online audiences created in Versium REACH vs. other platforms, such as Facebook:
- You own the online audiences you create in Versium REACH, so you can use the same audience and use it wherever you like. Audiences created in platforms can only be used on the platform where they were created.
- You have several different ways to approach creating an audience in Versium REACH, maximizing your ability to target the right customers. Platform audiences are far more limited, based on the attributes each platform has access to and have chosen to surface to you for audience creation.
- Audiences in Versium REACH are created from LifeData database - an extensive database incorporating data from multiple data sources. Platform audiences are created from only the data available on that platform.
Advanced modeling and AI inform Versium REACH audience creation, whereas platform audiences are created based on rudimentary filtering algorithms.
Why are the emails in my Online audience hashed?
Emails and other contact data supplied for an online audience are not appropriate for direct communication marketing campaigns, and using them as such will damage your IP reputation and ability to send emails. However, this information is valuable for online display-ad and mar-tech marketing platforms. Hashing the emails makes sure you don't inadvertently use an Online audience in an email campaign. For more information, see Direct Email Best Practices.
How do you handle the customer information I import?
What is the GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a measure adopted by the European Parliament that provides personal data protection for all individuals in the European Union (EU), and restricts the export and use of personal data inside and outside of the EU. Because of this regulation, Versium cannot provide or use any personal data for EU residents. This regulation applies to all EU consumer and business person information.
Versium REACH Questions
What is Versium REACH for?
- For Business (B2B) marketers to help identify, understand, and connect with more of their ideal target audience through digital marketing programs, including programmatic display, social, and email channels.
- For Consumer (B2C) marketers to help append, identify, understand, and connect with more of their ideal target audience through digital marketing programs, including programmatic display, social, and email channels.
How does Versium REACH create business audiences and append consumer data?
Versium REACH is like having an automated data scientist team analyzing your customer lists for relevant signals, and using them to figure out the best contacts to pull from the Versium LifeData® database. Using AI and machine learning, it creates the lists you need using the data or personas you already have.
How are Versium REACH audiences different from purchased lists?
Purchased lists tend to be broad and generally segmented, based on large, basic categories, so you may get a lot of names, but a low likelihood that those people are the type of people who buy from you. Versium REACH audiences are customized and specifically segmented using your data and personas, so the business contacts you get are more likely to be interested in your offerings and more likely to convert.
What countries do you cover?
Versium REACH currently covers business people and businesses in the United States.
Versium data covers consumers and businesses worldwide. We are investigating the possibility of providing Versium REACH elsewhere while also meeting our obligations to comply with the legal limitations for each country to offer this data commercially.
Updated almost 2 years ago